WRITING AND PUBLISHING IN WOS AND SCOPUS : WHAT MATTERS MOST
Publishing is an important aspect for many academicians around the world. Often paper lack of focus, ill-prepared and poorly written which leads to desk rejection by the journal editors. Despite the importance, students( (e.g undergraduates and postgraduates) are rarely taught on the skills in writing for publications. Hence, the course aims to equip participants with the necessary skills and understanding of how to write and publish effectively. Specifically, the insights on writing for high impact journals will be discussed. Among topics covered includes the types of publications, steps to produce a good journal paper, submitting a journal paper and the review process. In addition, contents related to how to increase the article citations and the number of downloads will also be shared. At the end of the course, the applicants can apply the skills learned to a successful publication.
- Understand the importance of publishing and types of publications.
- Develop the skills required to write a well structured, clear, interesting and precise high impact research articles.
- Obtain insights on the sources journal selection, process of publications, review process and editorial decision-making.
- Distinguish the different websites available for scholar and reviewers.
- Obtain strategies to publish a highly cited and most downloaded research articles.
- Monday, March 2, 2020
- 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS